Monday, June 16, 2008

Pedometer for Step It Up

So my friend Jessica heard from one of her friends that if you go to the Rec Center next to Logan high, you can pay $5 and get a pedometer, a t-shirt, and a walking log. The program is called "Step It Up." Once you walk 100 miles, you take in your walking log and get three 10-punch passes to the Aquatic Center. That's 30 free swim passes! So we signed right up.

Now you may think that 100 miles is a lot...I did, but you would be surprised. After walking from the Rec Center to the Logan library, stopping by Great Harvest for some delicious bread, and back home, Jessica and I had already walked over 5,000 steps. They say that the average step is about 2.5 feet X 2,000 steps equals about 1 mile.

After a morning of walking, an afternoon of chasing and playing with Mason, and doing some housework, I have walked a total of 8,210 steps! And I have only had the pedometer for less than 5 hours.

So if anyone is interested in counting your steps and getting some pool passes, go to the Logan Rec Center right next to Logan High School. It's worth the $5! (I am not getting paid to advertise this, I just think it is a great program.)

(The pedometer pictured is not the one you get from the Rec Center. The one you get is a little more simplified)

3 comments:

me and him said...

i am so glad you told me this. i will do it for sure....today!! it's about time all my walking on campus will pay off!

Whit said...

Sounds fun. I have always wondered how many times I go up and down my stairs.

me and him said...

so....have you made it to 100? i'm getting close, we gotta hit the pool!