Thursday, June 12, 2008

Twilight...

So I read Twilight. It was good. The first half of the book I felt like I was in high school, which made me really frustrated. I don't like the way high schoolers act. I never really liked the whole snobby attitude. Anyway, I really liked the second half of the book. It was a very good read.

I am a little nervous about the movie coming out at the end of this year. I saw the trailer for it and got kind of sad. Edward, one of the main characters, isn't as good looking in the trailer as I had imagined in my mind. I guess that's why I don't like reading books sometimes because the movies NEVER live up to them and I like to watch movies a lot. I hope the movie is at least a little better at representing the book than Harry Potter and all those books/movies.

I will start reading the next book in the series of Twilight, New Moon, in about a week. We'll see how it compares to the first one.

4 comments:

Melany said...

yes! you have joined the best cult in the world which is the cult of the twiligt fans. i thought new moon wasn't as good as twilight b/c edward isn't in it very much - don't worry i didn't give anything away by saying that. eclipse (the 3rd one) is almost as good as twilight and i'm gonna pee my pants when the 4th and final book, breaking dawn, comes out in august. at first, i thought the actor playing edward was almost goober-y looking but then i heard him talk in the trailer and i was like dang, he can pull it off. so this comment is like the length of a novel and i hope you enjoyed my thoughts on the twilight series. :)

Robert and Kristen said...

I am also a Twilight fan, they are easy reads, entertaining, and who doesn't love a little extra romance in your life! I am very excited for the 4th book and for the movie, although I agree with you, the movies never live up to what you have in your mind while reading a book!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you that you finished the book. i did not finish it. I got really grossed out with Edwards blood sucking animal thing. It made me woozy...and no i am not prego. Maybe I should finish it too!

Jolyn said...

Yea, I didn't really like the books, but I will agree that the second half of Twilight was better than the first. I didn't finish the series though... the whole high school lust-o-rama just got to me. But you might like the second book... more blood-sucking lustolicious love connections galore. Yummy.