Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The government wins again...Dang it!!!

So as you probably know by now Reese and I have sold our house and are in the process of moving to Richmond.  Yay!  So today I have been calling and filling out forms to get our address, utilites, and other amenities switched over to our next place.  

I stopped into the post office today to get a change of address form but they don't have them anymore.  Instead, they have "Official Change of Address Instructions" (yeah, sounds REAL official).  The instructions tell you to go online and enter all of your old an new address information.  Then once you have it all filled out you hit "continue," which takes you to the "Identity Verification" page, which says 

"For your security, please verify your identity using a credit card or debit card. We'll need to charge your card $1.00."

Don't you just love how they slip that in $1.00 charged to change your address for "verification" purposes.  What a load of crap!  Can't I just show you my ID when I drop off my change of address card?  I know it is only $1 but still!!!  It just really ticks me off.  

No comments: