Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day Celebrations!

We Hulbert had a grand 'ole Valentine's Day. Earlier in the week Mason helped me decorate the house with paper hearts. It's the cheapest and easiest way to add a little love to our house. So here are a few pictures that document the decorating. Enjoy!
He no longer smiles normally. When I say "cheese" this is what I get.

Putting up his heart that he cut out himself! He's got an eye for decor.

I guess he wanted it more on the corner so that everyone could see it from all different angles.

Our Little Cupid.

Mason had his friend Ashton over Friday night. We arranged with our friends, Matt and Alicia, to kid swap for Valentine's Weekend. Great Idea! So here are Ashton and Mason enjoying a movie with their own bowls of popcorn.

Happy Valentine's Day!!
I don't know why Mason is pulling such a funny face. Probably because we forgot to send out Valentines. Just know that we love you all!
Here's a little better picture. By better, I mean that you can see his lips that were turned blue from eating M&Ms.

For Valentine's Day, Reese, Mason, and I went to IHOP for breakfast. They were shorthanded and even though there wasn't anyone waiting for a table ahead of us we still had to wait about 10 minutes.

Obviously, we hadn't eaten anything yet and Mason was starving! So he decided to take action. He picked up a booster seat, the kind that goes on top of the bench made of plastic, and started carrying it to a table. Reese and I were laughing our heads off but he kept getting frustrated because we told him that he couldn't sit down yet. That didn't stop him though. He would just pick up the booster again and start carrying towards a table. He seemed to keep veering towards the tables where people already were eating. I guess he figured they would give him scraps.

Later on in the evening, Reese and Mason went around town together and came back with a bunch of treats for mine and Reese's movie later on that night. Reese made a delicious dinner. Mason went over to Ashton's for kid swap and Reese and I went to a movie.

Thanks for yet another amazing Valentine's Day Reese!

7 comments:

Jenae said...

I love his new cheese face!! I love when they start that! Cute pics!

Melany said...

ha! that's so funny about mason just taking a booster seat to the nearest table with food. smart thinkin'. :) and i love that other boy in his pj's with his tummy hanging out - so funny. we need to hang out with you guys again, especially when it looks like it'll take 12 years to get a job in salt lake...

m@R(! said...

what a fun valentines day!!! jon was sick all weekend so we didnt' do anything. I love Mason's faces and him decorating the hearts. what a cutie

Bethany said...

Sounds like a fun time! We actually drove by your house (not stalker fashion, just by coincidence) and I just HAPPENED to look in your front window and saw all those decorations. So cute! It made me smile. (PS I am not a scary window watcher I PROMISE!)

Merz said...

I love it. I love when kids get so hungry they will do anything to get some food! He is so cute and has the cutest face. Seriously when are you coming down here?

Sanders said...

Did you happen to get the all you can eat pancake deal? We went there a few weeks ago and I just kept saying that the dinner was AWESOME...($4.99) Dustin thought I was WT and kept making fun of me.:) Glad others go to IHOP too. BTW Mason is adorable! Luv it.

*LC...Lindsey and Chris said...

Hey Lacey...we added you guys to our blog list! we're www.simplyshipley.blogspot.com. Cute Valentines day celebrations and Mason is looking like such a big boy!