Thursday, May 14, 2009

We Should Make it Known

I guess we should make it official on the Family Blog that
we are expecting baby #2.
The due date is November 21st. You can enter our little poll on the left side of our page to vote on whether you think it will be a boy or girl. Here are answers to the Frequently Asked Questions:
  • Have you been very sick? Not really. I haven't had any morning/midday/evening sickness. I have been really tired and I usually lie down to read during Mason's nap to recharge my own batteries. I get heartburn when I lie down and have a full stomach but that is pretty normal for me.
  • How far along are you? A day under 13 weeks as of today's post or about 3 months)
  • Are you wearing maternity clothes yet? No, thank goodness. I still fit in my jeans and I have only retired one pair of capris.
  • Does it feel different from your pregnancy with Mason? Yes but I am doing very different things everyday with this pregnancy than I was when I was pregnant with Mason. For instance, I am taking care of a very active 2-year-old boy now instead of sitting at a desk and filing/sorting/processing papers, which probably explains why I am more tired with this pregnancy.
  • Have you had an ultrasound yet? Yes, we have had 2 ultrasounds so far. At 8 weeks along I had an ultrasound because I had some "old blood"bleeding. They found that I have a blood clot right behind the placenta and said that if any more bleeding happened, to come in and get another ultrasound. Sure enough, 3 days later, my body let go of half of the blood clot (which was very terrifying) and we went back in for another ultrasound. Everything was and still is fine. We just heard the baby's steady heartbeat this past Monday at a regular check up and everything is still great.
  • Have you thought of any names? No because we don't know if it is a boy or girl.
  • Do you want a boy or a girl? Either one would be great! I have all boy stuff so I would be prepared for a boy but I wouldn't mind a girl either just to make sure that Reese and I have at least one boy and one girl in our family.
  • Does Mason know he's going to be a big brother? He has been to all my ultrasounds and appointments with Reese and I so that he can also hear the heartbeat. Whenever we pull up to the hospital he immediately starts saying and signing "Baby" and "tum" (he rocks baby and then points to his stomach). When he actually hears the beating, Mason makes it hard for the doctor to listen to the heartbeat because Mason keeps saying/yelling "Baby, baby, baby,..." over and over again. So yeah, you could say that he is excited.

13 comments:

m@R(! said...

yah! congrats and i voted that you were having a girl. it would be fun to have a boy though so Mason and him could wrestle around the house and cause some trouble together.:) Congrats again...and you are horrible at keeping a secret by the way.

Jenae said...

I'm SO SO excited for you!! I heard Mason isn't very good at keeping secrets and told your family! Silly boy! He'll be such a good big brother! You're so smart to answer all the questions already! I'm glad you're feeling okay and that the bleeding stopped. Take it easy and Congratulations! Love you!

Johnsens said...

Congrats! That is really exciting.

Jolyn said...

Yea, I guess you are having a girl because that is what I voted. But, it would be so much fun for Mason to have a younger brother to play with. He'll just have to get over it, I guess. Congratulations. Second babies are way radical fun.

Megan said...

Yay! That is so great! It is funny because just the other day I was talking to Ashlee and I said Lacey hasn't been blogging as much as usually I bet she is pregnant :) It will be so fun to have you and Beth pregnant at the same time!

Robert and Kristen said...

Congrats! That is so exciting for you. I hope all continues to go well, and I hate to say it but you will probably just get more and more tired as the pregnancy continues. I found I sat on the couch a lot and had to let my oldest watch a lot of movies!

Jen and Her 3 Boys said...

Congrats you two! I can tell you 2 boys are way fun. I wish you the best as you progress. If you ever want some practice with two I can donate Tyler for a couple hours. J/K

Beth said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe that we are due within a week of each other! Hilarious! I'm glad you are doing well and that the baby is as well. Congrats!

Merz said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I'm so freaking excited for you, Seriously how fun, and what a perfect age difference! I love that you a Beth are due at the same time. How fun. Well if you ever make it down here give me a call, and kets do lunch with the gang. Ps, I love that people are asking you if you are wearing maternity cloth, don't they remember your last pregnancy, how you were buttoning your jeans like 2 weeks before you were due. You skinny little thing! CONGRATS!

Eric and Brynn said...

Congratulations you guys! Very excited for you.

Melany said...

CONGRATULATIONS! mason will be such a great big brother. we are so excited for you guys! that's scary about the bloot clot thing, we'll keep you in our prayers!

B and J said...

Congrats Guys that is so exciting! I hope everything continues to go well!

Tasha Coltrin said...

That is so exciting. Payten's due date was the 22nd. We are so happy for you guys. Hope you get a little girl. They are so much fun. Call us the next time you come to Boise. We would love to get together again.