Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Month of June

I haven't updated in a bit and I bet you are all wondering what we have been up to. Well, we have been trying to get as many things accomplished right now while it is summer and while we only have one child running around the house. We ended the month of May with sickness. Mason came home from church the last Sunday in May and was kind of out of it. He just rolled around on the floor and moaned. So we got him changed and checked his temperature, which turned out to be 101F. We were able to get his temperature down with rest and a little bit of Tylenol. We really didn't eat for about a week and we were tempting him with all of his favorite things. Thankfully, he quickly recovered.
This next picture was taken obviously once he was feeling better. What can I say, he likes cookies.

Here is another cookie-enjoying picture.Which oddly looks very much like this next one taken when he was just about to turn 1. Why do I always give him chocolate cookies?

We check on Mason every night before we go to bed. This particular night, he found a new position to sleep in...hanging off the bed.
For our "school time" I made Mason some edible playdough, you can find the recipe here. I shouldn't have told him that it was edible because now he eats more than plays.Here are all the stars he made with the cookie cutters. He gets impatient with taking away the excess dough so the shapes aren't quite as sharp as he would like.

Nothing is better for Mason than coloring with Dad once he gets home from work. Our neighbor Graham was over that night to play too

Mason LOVES my sewing machine. I made a "craft room" out of our unfinished downstairs bedroom. Finally, I have a somewhat permanent place for my sewing machine, scrapbook supplies (even though I no longer scrapbook), and my other storage boxes filled with craft stuff. So here is Mason helping me sew. He is very good at just watching and knows that he does not reach in to actually help me sew


Here is Mason in one of the corners of the "craft room."

Here is one of my most recent sewing creations. Yes it is another nursing cover, but I think I have perfected the pattern. It is a little longer and wider than this one and since I used 2 different coordinating fabrics from Hobby Lobby, I personally think it is cuter! I also made some matching burp cloths. It is not for me though {sigh} but for someone who may or may not check this blog so no names will be mentioned. I cannot wait until we find out what we are having so that I can start sewing things for the new babe.

Speaking of the new babe...here I am at 18 weeks. I have Reese take pictures of me on the days when I have done my hair so here I am, on a Sunday...the one day that I consistently get ready.

Here is our small but very tasty crop of strawberries and raspberries thus far minus a couple strawberries that have already been devoured. Hopefully we will get a few more from our newly planted bushes this year.
Mason helped me make brownies and then he helped me clean the utensils.
He doesn't just eat junk food I promise! We just happen to take pictures of him only when he is into junk food. So here he is eating from a bag of chips.

5 comments:

Jenae said...

Mason is seriously such a stud! I'm glad he's feeling better it's no fun when little ones are sick! I can't wait till you find out what you're having! It's so exciting :) You look so cute too!

Beth said...

What are you feeding your child? J/k. That is hilarious. Love the nursing cover. You'll have to send me the pattern or tell me how to make it. I'm pretty sure I need to update my blog soon as well. Maybe today? Maybe not.

marci said...

thanks for the update lace. so sorry that mason was sick... he looked so sad. at least they stop and cuddle, right! i love the new nursing cover, i kinda wish i had a reason for you to make me one. {kinda not though!} you look fabuloso btw and your hair is growing fast! call me sometime we'll do a playdate for the boys!

Melany said...

cute nursing cover! ...and you still don't look pregnant. :)

Sara Anne said...

what a cute family...I really don't stalk your blog, but I was thinking about how much reese loved the king of pop today....and wanted to send my condolences...And maybe someday I'll meet you Lacey, I am always meaning to pop in and give Winny a visit.