Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Top of Utah Half Marathon

Last Saturday was the Top of Utah Half Marathon. Most of my family came up to run in the race. Here they are at 5:45 in the morning all energized to run 13.1 miles. I'm so proud to call them my family. Reese, Lynette, Brett, Mom, Sara

My dad, Mason, and I waiting for our crew to pass the finish line. Mason kept saying "Go, go!" I'm sure the runners appreciated it :)


Yet another toy in front of Mason's eyes.

Here come the runners...
Here's Reese still feeling good after running about 1:45. Not bad for just deciding that morning that he wanted to run. He did it for both of us because there is no way I'm going to run that far...I'm more of a sprinter at heart.

Here's my brother Brett.

He looked the least excited that he had just ran 13.1 miles.
Brett's wife Lynette was so fast coming into the finish line that I was only able to take a picture of her flying past us.

How fun to run together!

Here's my sister Sara. She is currently training for a marathon in San Fransisco in October. She was excited to run only 13.1 miles that day because she was actually supposed to run 16 miles for a workout.

Here is my amazing mom cheering down the home stretch.

7 comments:

m@R(! said...

WOW that is awesome! why weren't you running? a huge belly is no excuse. :)

m@R(! said...

wait a minute! jon said he saw you the other day and you are still barely showing...now you really don't have an excuse! i totally saw reese pass me the last mile but I barely had enough energy to even run let alone say hi.

Brett and Nette said...

Just for the record, Brett and Lynette will never runner a half marathon again...we think:)

Beth said...

Yeah. Good job runners! Makes me all excited to start training again!

Melany said...

good jarrb! by the way, i think being pregnant is way cooler than running a half marathon...

Jon Allen said...

I was confused when you went running by by yourself, Reese, cause you had said you were either not running or pacing someone. Good job doing it yourself, and winning the family competition.

Jon Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.