We had a really great summer! Besides the fact that we moved into our new house (woot woot!) we also went on some great family vacations! Our first real family vacation, other than camping, was when we went to McCall Idaho and spent Reese and my 5-year anniversary at the place where we spent our honeymoon. It was great and the kids loved it! Lots of hiking, swimming, eating, hanging out with just each other, and Mulan (Mason watched that movie because of the dragon in it at least 5 or 6 times in 4 days).
We also found out that Mason really, really, REALLY, loves blue ice cream.
And melted marshmallows out of Dad's hand.
My mom, my Aunt, my kids, and I also made it down to Arizona to visit my grandparents (my mom's parents). It usually takes Mason a little while to warm up to Grandpa Matthews but then he doesn't want to leave him.
Mason with Grandpa 2010
(Sorry the picture is a little blurry but it's too cute to not post. Mason was practicing his photography skills.)
Grandpa was also Jaylee's best friend while we were driving. They were able to sit next to each other and he would hold her hand or play with her the whole time. He even shared ice cream with her. If you think that grandparents spoil kids then Great-Grandparents REALLY spoil kids!
Jaylee really liked Grandma too. Here she is showing off a train.
Once we got back from Arizona, Mason started Preschool! He LOVES it! He hated homework at first but now he loves it! I'll post about that later though.
Here's Jaylee's 9-month-old picture. At 9 months she had 4 big Schroeder teeth (Lacey's family), crawled everywhere, stood up next to furniture, and, much to her older brother's dismay, started really loving trains. She is 75% for height, 50% for weight, and 15% for head circumference but her cheeks make up for the lack of head size.Here she is at 10 months with 2 Pig Tails!! She wants to walk Sooo Badly but just stands at furniture instead.
We have the MOST AWESOME neighbors in the WORLD! We went with a group of just adults...No Kids...to Lake Powell on a houseboat for one whole week! (I must also mention that the kids stayed with Nana and Papa Schroeder and loved every minute of it as well. So a public shout out to my parents who took the kids so that we could go. You are the BEST!) It was the best trip I think we have ever been on. Super fun, stress free, and very entertaining! We have a whole slew of pictures but I thought that I would just share a few.
Meet my 4th love after Reese and my kids...Surfing! It's awesome and really addicting. I wouldn't be opposed to surf all day. Reese says that if I'm not good at something the first time that I then hate that thing. Well I guess it's true because I got up on my first try. Whew! Good thing because I would hate to hate surfing. I must also mention that Reese is an amazing Wakeboarder! I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of him jumping and clearing the wake. What a stud!
On our last day we were fortunate enough to hike Hole in the Rock. Zoom in on this picture to read the caption.
If you ever have a minute, do some research on the pioneers who hiked with their wagons down this...
We weren't even to the top yet. We also started hiking at the shore of the lake. The pioneers had to travel this BEFORE there was water there, which equals harder, more steep terrain.
No this is not a postcard. It was our home for the week. It was so amazing!And that was our summer! I'll try to stay more current with our Hulbert happenings.
4 comments:
That LP trip looked amazing! Surfing looks so fun!
Looks like a great summer, Congrats on your house!!! Your kids are adorable, I can't believe Jaylee has 4 teeth already! She's so dang cute!
Awesome summer happenings! Of course you picked up on surfing. Surprise. Surprise. I've never done it but I've heard people love it.
Looks we're coming to spend next summer with you! OF course we had our own adventures, but I think I'd like to try some of yours next time : )
Post a Comment