Sunday, February 13, 2011

August's Arizona Trip

Just a tip...It's really hot in Phoenix Arizona in August.
Here is my Aunt Marlene pointing out that it is really hot.
 Meeting up with our Arizona family members for some lunch.
 Jaylee, Mason, and Mason (my cousin's boy)
 Jaylee sucking on her blanket..again.

 Mason and me taking pictures of each other.
 Mason and Great Grandpa Matthews
 
 Grandma Schroeder (Lacey's mom) and Great Grandma Matthews (mom's mom)
 Mason took this picture of Jaylee and Great Grandpa.  I know it's blurry but at least Mason has great picture-taking timing.  So cute!
 Grandparents and their daughters.
 Jaylee liked both Great Grandma and Great Grandpa.  It takes a little while for Mason to warm up to them but then he won't leave them alone.
 Whenever we went somewhere with Grandpa he say next to Jaylee and this was the usual sight.  He always was holding her hand or tickling her arm.  Which at this age, Jaylee did not like being touched, but when Grandpa tickled her, she sat completely still and stared at him.
 Mason loved his blue ice cream cone.
 And Jaylee loved how Grandpa was sneaking her bites of his ice cream.

There is a splash park near my grandparents' house so we went there to play.  Here are Jaylee and Marlene splashing in a little puddle.
 Mason found a squirt gun and never left it.

When we returned home from sunny Arizona, Reese had a couple surprises for us.
If you look carefully at the sign, it says"Do not enter. Lacey's Place. By permission only."  Reese had framed out a room in the basement for all my craft craziness that I do.  I think he was tired of it overrunning the kitchen table.
He had Mason close his eyes for his surprise (Mason has us close our eyes now anytime he wants to show us something including homework that he has to do). 
Reese went to D.I. and found Mason a bike and training wheels.  Mason loves his bike and loves to ride it down our driveway and around our circle.  (I can't emphasize how much I LOVE that we live in a circle!)
 Jaylee's present was a kiss from daddy.
 Here's my framed room.  It's so nice to not have to clean up after my crafts every time I get them out.

3 comments:

Silcox Stories said...

I love seeing pictures of your family! Looks like you had a fun summer. I am so envious of your craft room, that's a dream of mine!

Whit said...

Bring on the applesauce! I love the new blog picture!

Beth said...

Holy crap! Lacey posted! Ahh AZ. I bet it was way hot down there on your visit but looks like a lot of fun. Yeah. A craft room. Chad has let me take over a room in the basement for the same reasons as Reese has. He still thinks I'll take over the kitchen table though.