Mason's favorite spot this last week and a half has been on top of the stack of laminate flooring next to our kitchen counter. At this vantage point he is able to "help mom" with all her baking.
As everyone knows that have visited our house in the last 7 months, we have been slowly remodeling our house, very slowly. We started with spackling a few holes in the walls and just never really picked out a paint color for our front room to cover up all of the white spackle marks. So, one day, let's say a Tuesday a couple weeks back, Reese came home from work with a couple laminate flooring samples. After looking at them and then talking about getting our house actually put together during the month of January instead of waiting another 7 months, we decided on Friday the 2nd to actually purchase the flooring. So it was purchased and we picked out a coordinating paint color. The next day, Saturday, we went to the paint store and purchased just a quart of "Cup of Cocoa."
I want you to picture a cup of cocoa. What color is it? A nice, warm tannish-brown color right? Wrong!! We put it on the wall and it made our already multicolored wall (from other paint samples) into an orange-ish hue that you see in a used diaper. We tried to talk ourselves into the color but it wasn't working.
Needless to say, we were at a loss. So I called the most wonderful woman in the world, Chelsey! She came over, confirmed that we had an orange wall, and helped us pick out colors.
THANK YOU CHELSEY!!
The next Saturday, Jessica and I had a productive painting day. It was wonderful! Yes we were working almost 9 hours straight and kind of getting goofy off of paint fumes but we got the upstairs totally painted! The guys were studs and took the kids for the day. I love being a mom and so does Jessica but it was nice to do one day of work that didn't include diapers, runny noses, and some type of food on our clothes. It was probably the most fun I have ever had painting.
THANK YOU JESSICA!!
And Reese and Bry Dog!
With the walls painted and the new flooring about to go in, we needed to get all the old carpet out. So we went to it. Here is Reese taking out our old heavy carpet for our home remodel.
11 comments:
That's so exciting, I can't wait to see the finished product! I love the pics of you and Mason baking! So cute!
Hey, I saw Reese at the mall and he said you were painting. Well, I'm glad Chelsey came to your rescue. She does have good taste, doesn't she! Well you guys are quiet the hard workers!! You'll have to post pictures of the finished flooring! Good luck!
What a fun post! I hate it when brown is really orange and green is really brown. Make up your minds paint makers! Awesome "get to it" job!
so i decided that after you get it all done that you need a party. so we can see it! chels helped picked out my paint colors also..she is talented!
Looks like quite the project to take on, but it is looking good so far! I like the color of the walls in the pictures! Good luck with the rest of the remodel, hope it goes smoothly!
You guys are fast workers! WOWZA! I agree that when it all comes together you best be having a Party so we can celebrate your hard work! :) Looks awesome!
Lookin good Lace! What a little helper you have! I'm sure you'll love the end result after all the hard work you guys have put into your house. The paint color looks really good! Hope you and the fam are doing great!
I like it already! I can't wait to see it. Love the pic of you 2 stirring!
I really like that color that you decided on, what color is it?
that brown color looks way good. i can't wait to see the flooring. and those baking pics are soo cute. i love that mason has his own little apron (in manly colors of course).
Hi Lacey! Wow you guys are up to a a lot of work, but I'm sure you will be very happy with the end product. Thanks for finding our blog, I'll be posting more regularly in the future. Good luck with the house!
Post a Comment