Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All About The Boys

Here is Mason making his tough face and basically telling me to get the camera out of his face! Such a tough guy!

It's now Spring (even though looking outside right now reveals inches {that means more than 1 inch} of snow) and Mason is getting ready for the sun to eventually come. Here he is trying on a new hat...
Looks good bud!
He just kept running around the house taking it off and then putting it back on.
It made Reese smile!
As you can clearly see, it is the box to our Baby Einstein DVDs.
Love the ears in this picture!
Mason not only sports unusual hats but also is a VERY serious baker. Here he is making sure everything is mixing according to the recipe for chocolate/peanut butter chip cookies.

BIG NEWS:
Mason is now in a toddler bed. Last night, I decided that the wall was coming down. Mason's crib is one of those 4-in-1 beds that will eventually turn into a full-sized bed, but for now he is officially in a toddler bed. He did so great last night. We put him in bed and he stayed there like a good kid...of course, when we checked in on him right before we went to bed he had rolled to the middle of the room, but it wasn't on purpose I'm sure.
He is so happy about the transition that he has played on or right next to his bed all morning. We went to visit friends because he wouldn't leave his "new" bed all morning. Doesn't he look so happy?
This is how cute his smile is when he isn't holding anything in front of his face.

Also, he is down for his nap right now and I must say that it was easier keeping him in his crib than I thought it was going to be. We (Reese was home for lunch at the time) only had to put him back in bed twice. Hopefully, he will sleep for his entire nap time, which is usually at least 2 1/2 hours instead of cutting it short.

Another "Also," Mason and I are searching for the sun. We are headed to Arizona to visit my mom's side of the family. We'll be there until we get a great tan and some nice warm-looking pictures. Now don't be too jealous ;)

6 comments:

m@R(! said...

good job mason on advancing to the toddler bed...now don't get out of it in the middle of the night and go to your parents room!!!
lucky about getting some sun in AZ, I am jeolous...but just get some good pictures so that i can imagine it was me. :) thanks.

Bethany said...

Ya Mason, congrats on the hat and toddler bed!

nate_clarlaw said...

Arizona, eh? Lucky ducks! Have a good trip and travel safe!!

Whit said...

Way to go Mason! Love the hat!

Sara Anne said...

so Lacey...you don't know me, I grew up with Reese's family, and just stumbled upon this blog from another friend of ours...I wasn't sure if it was "Reese" Hulbert's family blog, until I took a single glance at Mason, holy moly, what a resemblance! I have been meaning to stop by the Hulbert's and say hello to Winny...we live in Magna, not too far from Taylorsville, if they even live their still....cute blog!

Melany said...

yay for toddler beds! that's cool that the crib transitions like that. he looks so cute in that baking picture - so intense. :)